1. How is HS different to other barrier creams?
Other barrier creams tend to block the pores and wash off after every
wash or simply lose their protective characteristic if the person
naturally perspires. HandShield provides a natural barrier and
continues to moisturise and protect for up to five hours even after
continuous washing with soap and water. So, it's a product that
provides real value.
2. What does HandShield do to the hands?
Absolutely nothing! It is entirely harmless to the skin and allows the skin to perspire naturally. It doesn't clog the pores, impair mobility, or sense of touch. It is not greasy. HandShield is even safe and gentle enough to protect a baby's skin from nappy rash. It will nourish and rejuvenate hands.
3. What's in HandShield? What are its ingredients?
Dimethicone, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Deionized Water, Glycerin
(vegetable), White Oil, Fragrance, Triclosan.
4. Who can benefit by using HandShield?
Babies (eg. nappy rash)
Fibreglass and Insulation Installers
Petrol Station Attendants
Hair Dressing Salons
Catering Industry, Chefs, Kitchens
Nurses and Dental Nurses
5. What happens if HandShield is swallowed?
If swallowed immediately give water. First aid is not generally required. If in doubt, seek medical help. If product comes in contact with eyes wash out immediately with water. If irritation continues, seek medical attention.
6. Should HandShield be used to replace gloves?
No. HandShield is intended to act as a secondary form of skin
protection and is not intended to replace gloves.
7. Can HandShield be applied to any part of the body?
8. Is it necessary to wash before reapplying?
No, but it's a good idea.
9. Will HandShield affect sensation?
10. After applying, how long before resuming normal activity?
About 2-3 minutes. Maybe a bit longer in extreme weather conditions.
11. Can HandShield be used safely by people of all ages?
12. Can it be mixed with other products to enhance the effect?
13. Can HandShield be used on other parts of the body?
14. How does HandShield work?
Once applied HandShield forms a thin suspended membrane which allows the skin to breath and heal naturally without blocking the pores. It will not impede mobility or sense of touch. Its moisturising action continues to nourish the skin while simultaneously shielding and protecting the skin from harmful irritants, detergents and cleansers - even household soaps. The active antibacterial action in HandShield fends off common as well as dangerous bacteria ensuring bacteria is impenetrable to the skin.
15. Is HandShield approved by government or medical bodies?
HandShield makes no medical claims, so there is no government oversight over this or similar products. However, in Australia HandShield is approved by the Australia Cosmetics Standard and AQIS (Australian & Inspection Service). In New Zealand HandShield has passed Assure Quality assessment for food/beverage including dairy, factory, hand bacteriostat in food areas and incidental contact.
16. Where is HandShield made?
A world class GMP & ISO compliant manufacturing facility in Australia.